Fine Motor Skill Development
Cotton bud painting
What you need: paint, paper (or other surface), cotton buds
What is it teaching?: pencil grip, fine motor skills, coordination, building strength in the hand and patience
What you need: clear contact, sticky tape (to hold contact down to a table), any crafty or natural items, leaves, glitter, matchsticks etc.
What it teaches: fine motor development, creativity
What can you do with playdough?
Playdough is great for developing fine motor skills and strength in the wrists, hands and fingers.
What to do:
1. cut with a plastic knife or scissors
2. use cookie cutters to make shapes
3. make little balls and count them
4. let your children put glitter in the playdough or mix colours to see what happens
5. let them be creative and do their own thing!
6. make letters or numbers with the playdough